Wednesday 23 September 2015

Why I Love Autumn

image from weheartit.com
So according to my diary, today is the day that autumn officially begins, so of course I had to do an autumn themed post, didn't I?! With the days getting shorter during this time of year, autumn can become a bit of a nightmare for bloggers when in comes to the lighting situation for photos. Despite this, autumn is by far my favourite season, and here are some of the reasons why.

Autumn fashion Once all of the autumn clothing hits the stores, I tend to go a little bit crazy. I love it all - the jumpers, the boots, all of the cozy loungewear. But most of all I love a good coat. I've bought a couple of new ones already and still have my eye on a few more. I just love going out and wrapping up in all my cozy layers. The only downside - more material = more money so my autumn/winter wardrobe tends to end up costing me a lot more than my summer one!

Berry lips & bronze eyes As well as the fashion, I absolutely love experimenting with my makeup during autumn. I feel like I tend to just stick with the very basic, neutral look a lot during summer, especially if we ever get a really hot few days, as I really can't be bothered with the hassle of putting makeup on. In autumn I feel like it's time to be a little more daring and go for some bolder, darker colours, and I can't resist a gorgeous shimmery bronze eyeshadow either.

Strictly Come Dancing This is my favourite series ever and I get really excited every year when it comes back. I used to enjoy dancing a lot when I was younger, and this show kind of takes me back to that. Plus the dresses are absolutely stunning! I love cosying up and watching Strictly on a dark Saturday evening if i have no plans - and if I do, I always make sure I've got it recorded!

Countdown the Christmas This starts for me as soon as Strictly hits our screens. When that starts, you know Christmas is on it's way! I like to get my shopping started in October, so I can spread the cost out a little, so I'll be starting really soon. I really love getting into the festive spirit and anything Christmassy is guaranteed to lift my mood. I've already watched Love Actually this season!

Snuggling on the sofa under a blanket Autumn is the perfect temperature for snuggling up before it starts to get ridiculously cold in the winter - I'm not a fan of that! We've just bought a new sofa so I'm in need of a new throw or blanket that will match, and some new cushions to surround myself with.

Autumn/Winter themed hot drinks Whilst I'm not a fan of Starbucks' pumpkin spiced latte, I do love most other autumn themed hot drinks, especially those from Costa. I was addicted to their white hot chocolates a few years ago. They are especially nice when you've spent a few hours wandering around town in the cold, and stop off for a quick drink to warm yourself up.

Comfort food Yes, I am following Slimming World, but there are some great recipes for stews and cottage pies, which are my favourite things to eat this time of year, Nothing beats coming home from a long day at work and sitting down to some deliciously hot comfort food, I also love making batches of soup for lunches.

Cute pyjamas & slippers There are so many cute pyjama sets in Primark, I'd buy them all if I could! I don't know about you, but in the autumn, as soon as I'm in for the evening, no matter what time it is, my clothes come off and the pjs & slippers go on! How very rock & roll of me, but I love being warm & comfy on an autumn evening.

Candles The spicy autumn scents are my all time favourites when it comes to candles. Yankee Candle have some great scents, but they can be a bit pricey. I've found their Simply Home range, available in a lot of supermarkets, to be a lot more affordable, with some of my favourites from the range being Apple Spice Potpurri and Christmas Baking. My favourite candle ever is Salted Caramel, from the original Yankee Candle range. That candle smells so good I could eat it!

What do you love about autumn?


2 comments :

  1. I've just written a post on my why I don't like Autumn so I have a different opinion here! It's nice to see what other people's views are though and I definitely agree with you about the food. I love stews, cottage pies and casseroles when it's cold outside!


     Photo-Jenn-ic 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just had a read. Completely agree with you about Halloween - I hate it! xx

      Delete