Sunday 13 September 2015

Slimming World Sunday - New Recipe Book


I'll be honest, pretty much every time there's a new Slimming World recipe book out, I'll get really excited and have to buy it straight away, but this time I was even more excited than usual! The title alone "Best Loved Extra Easy Recipes" set my expectations high, as I was looking for it to be jam packed full of recipes I'd want to try. It seemed to be a really popular choice in group too, but luckily I was able to pick up one of the last two left this week.


First off I was pretty shocked by the size of the book. I couldn't believe quite how thick it is. For £5.99 I was expecting it to be one of the slimmer recipe books, but this one has 80 recipes in, so it's pretty hefty! The pictures are lovely and glossy, and the recipes are layed out in a way that's easy to follow.

Sweet Chilli Chicken
Beef Lasagne
Mississippi Mud Pie
The book is divided into six different sections; Starters Orders, Meat Masterclass, Perfect Poultry, Deep Sea Delights, VIP Veg and Divine Desserts, all of which are pretty self explanatory as to the kinds of recipes you'll find within them. The majority of the recipes are syn free, though there are a few that you will have to count a few syns for (the dessert section in particular).

Whilst there's definitely quite a few recipes in each section that have caught my eyes, my favourite section has to be Perfect Poultry. Chicken is one of my favourite things to have in my evening meal, and there's so many recipes in this section that I either already love making, or am really looking forward to trying, including Sweet Chilli Chicken, Chicken Chow Mein and Creamy Chicken Pasta. We've already tried the Pizza Topped Chicken (below) and it was gorgeous.


I think this book is well worth the money and is going to end up being one of the most used books in my (huge!) Slimming World recipe book collection.

Have you got your hands on this book yet? What's your favourite recipe book?


2 comments :

  1. I could do with a book with healthy recipes haha ... This one seems good!
    xoMadiha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good, great value for money xx

      Delete