Monday 7 September 2015

Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette


I remember when Collection was a relatively unknown brand, but since the blogging world fell in love with their Lasting Perfection concealer, it seems like they've really upped their game, and have launched some really good products recently. I still have a few on my wishlist, but one I did purchase quite a while ago now was their Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze eyeshadow palette. A lot of people had compared these shadows to the likes of Urban Decay, so when they are a fraction of the price, of course I had to pick up one of the palettes to see if they really lived up to that hype.





shades l-r: Ivory, Mink, Ochre, Golden Brown, Ember, Nutty

There are currently three different palette options in the Eyes Uncovered range; Nude, Nude Grey and Nude Bronze. I opted for the Nude Bronze palette, as the shades were those that appealed to me most. The shadows are quite similar to those found in the original Naked palette, which is what I think drew me to is, as Naked is my most reached for eyeshadow palette.

The shades I think are really good quality considering you pay just £3.99 for the palette. Whilst they don't quite rival Urban Decay's amazing quality, they are still really good for the money you're paying. The shadows are nice and smooth to apply, and blend out really nicely. Considering this palette is mostly shimmers, which can be messy to work with sometimes, there's very little to no fallout from these shadows. The wear time you get is also really good.


Whilst I think the compact could be a little sleeker and perhaps sturdier, it's still a good size for popping into your handbag or makeup bag, and the magnetic closure will keep the lid in place whilst travelling. One gripe I do have though is that it doesn't come with a little mirror, which makes it a little less travel friendly, but for less than a fiver for some really good quality eyeshadows, you can't have it all I guess!

Overall this is an impressive little palette and I've already had a lot of use out of it (it was featured in a favourites post quite a while ago now, and these photos have been sat on my computer forever, waiting for this post to be written!). I really like the formula of the Collection eyeshadows, and I've already got my eye on the Nude Grey palette too, which offers some shades for more of a smokey eye look.

Have you tried any of Collection's eyeshadow palettes? What's your favourite budget palette?




No comments :

Post a Comment