Monday 3 August 2015

July Beauty Favourites


July has been another one of those blink and you'll miss it kind of months. I've had so much going on in my personal life over the past few months that I've not had much time just to sit back and reflect - and that's with a weeks annual leave thrown in! As I've been really busy, this month has again been all about products that I can just throw on and go rather than me sitting down and taking time with my makeup and experimenting with different products.


My go to eyeshadows have been from the Collection Eyes Uncovered Nude Bronze Palette. It's got a great mix of shades to create a more neutral smokey eye, though to be honest I've mostly been picking one shade and quickly dusting it all over the lid this month! The second shade in, Mink, has been getting a lot of love especially. I took a few photos of this palette a while ago but never got round to doing a post, so let me know if you'd like a more in depth review.

It's summer, or at least it's supposed to be, and one of my favourite products to use which I don't necessarily whip out all year round is highlighter. It's gives my skin more of a sunkissed glowy look, and since I've not been getting too much sun recently, I'm in definite need of it! My favourite highlighter of the moment is Benefit's Watts Up simply for it's convenience more than anything else, The product comes in stick form, so it's really easy to sweep on, quickly blend out and go. I've have a few of these stick products, but the colour of Watts Up is beautiful - a gorgeous deep champagne tone.

If you saw my haul post last month, you'll know that I've gone a bit crazy recently and bought a fair few new MAC lipsticks. My absolute favourite of my new additions has to be Brave, a really pretty pink toned nude, which is very much one of those "my lips but better" shades on my lips. It's a satin finish, so pretty long wearing, but still has quite a nice creamy texture to it. I'm completely in love with this lipstick.

Another new discovery this month was the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue. I've recently posted a full review here, but it's basically become my new favourite summer base. It's really lightweight, perfect for those warmer days when you want to feel like you're wearing no makeup at all, yet still gives good coverage. It's also really nice and hydrating on the skin, as it's more like a moisturiser than a typical foundation.

You can tell I've been doing my makeup in a bit of a rush most days this month, as I have yet another sweep and go favourite in the form of the Collection Speedy Blush in Tickled Pink. This shade is ideal for those with really fair skin, as it's a really soft rosey pink shade, which looks like you've got the slightest flush when it's blended out.

I'm not sure if I've featured this next product in a favourites post before, but it's one of those products that I just keep coming back to, and the amount I've come back to it this month I couldn't not mention it. The Charlotte Tilbury Rock N Kohl in Barbarella Brown has been the only eyeliner I have used in the month of July. Whenever I've wanted a slightly more intense eye look, this is the product I have always gone to. It's quite a deep brown, so looks great with a smokey eye, but I've just been running it along the outer part of my waterline to give my eyes a little more definition. The Charlotte Tilbury liners are really easy to apply and last all day long, so they're well worth the money.

I have a few Jo Malone fragrances but I feel like I don't really mention them that often. To be honest, I have that much of an obsession with the various Daisy perfumes I own, that I rarely ever use anything else! This month though I've really been enjoying using my Peony & Blush Suede fragrance again. It's a nice floral scent, which is really lovely for spring/summer time, but the floral notes are not too overpowering, which can really put me off a perfume - believe it or not I don't like anything that smells too florally. I find that Jo Malone perfumes last a really long time on me too.

There's only one word I can think to really describe the Lush It's Raining Men Shower Gel - amazing! The scent is just incredible, I can't get enough of it. It's got a really delicious honey scent, which really makes you want to eat it, but it's also quite uplifting for when I have a morning shower too. I'm trying not to use this in every shower, as the bottle was quite expensive for what it is, but it's really hard to resist. As much as it pains me to spend a fiver on such a tiny bottle of shower gel, I know I'll be doing it again as soon as this runs out!

What beauty products have you been loving this July?


No comments :

Post a Comment