Friday 16 January 2015

Tanya Burr Nail Polish - Midnight Sparkles


If you saw my sales haul, you'll know I picked up a trio of Tanya Burr nail polishes from Feel Unique, and I couldn't wait to get testing them out. I tried some of Tanya's lipglosses last year, which was probably a big mistake to begin with, as I'm really not a lover of lipsgloss, so as you can imagine I wasn't overly impressed with them. I'd heard good things about the nail polishes too and thought they would be more my kind of thing, which I'm pleased to say they are.




The consistency of the nail polish is just right and applies really smoothly and evenly. What really impressed me was how quickly it became opaque - I used just one coat for the pictures above and, as you can see, they look really good, perhaps a couple of the nails could've done with a second coat.

The last power is pretty good too. I managed to get to day four, without applying a top coat, before minor chipping started to occur, so with a good top coat, I could see a Tanya Burr manicure lasting you around a week. They also have a really glossy finish to them.

Midnight Sparkles is a gorgeous deep purple shade which I think is perfect for evenings out in the winter. What did disappoint me was that, with the name Midnight Sparkles I was expecting the polish to have quite a glittery finish. Whilst it does look quite glittery in the bottle, you have to stare really hard at your nails to find any hint of sparkle on them. Other than that I really love this nail polish.

At £5.99 each, I'm not sure I'd purchase any more polishes individually, as there are plenty of polishes on the high street that do just as good a job for less, but I'd definitely consider purchasing another trio set, as you basically got one polish free. The set I got, which also includes Penguin Chic and Riding Hood, is still available to buy here, and is currently reduced to £10.79.

Have you tried any Tanya Burr nail polishes?


No comments :

Post a Comment