Monday 3 November 2014

Life in October


Ok, so this post is a couple of days later than normal, and there hasn't been a great deal of activity on my blog over the last couple of weeks. I've been really ill recently (yes, again, hopefully I'll get some answers in the next week or so, so that I can start to get better), so I've not had the energy to sit and think about writing any blog posts. So I would firstly like to start with an apology for the lack of action on here, Twitter, Instagram - anywhere! I never thought it would get to the stage where I was too ill to blog for a whole two weeks, and I'm really gutted about it, as there was a lot I wanted to write about this month.


I'd also like to thank any of you who have commented on the blog since my last post, and apologise again for not replying to them. I plan to sit down and have a read through them all and get replying tomorrow - I guess it's better late than never.

At the start of the month I went to my first ever bloggers event, at Lush Solihull for a preview of all of this years Xmas goodies. I'd definitely recommend popping in store if you haven't already, as there's so many great things this year - take a look at this blog post for just a taster. I had a really good time meeting some local bloggers and chatting to the Lush staff. I feel like my shyness got in the way a lot though, and I didn't get to chat to some people as much as I would've liked. Hopefully at my next event I'll feel confident enough to come out of my shell a little more, but I still had fun nonetheless.

The weather may not suggest Christmas is on it's way at the moment, but I've well and truely been getting into the Christmas spirit this month. My Christmas shopping is started, although I still have a long way to go until I'm finished, and I've stocked up on festive candles to see me through December (though I may whip them out a little earlier!). I've also gone a bit crazy on the advent calender front this year! After purchasing The Body Shop's advent calender, I received an email from You Beauty and realised I had completely forgotten about their calender this year! After seeing some of the contents, I had to order this one too. I may have also made another purchase since then too, which you can see a post about this weekend...

Preparations are well under way for my sister's wedding next year, The venue is booked and the wedding dress has been paid for. It's such a beautiful dress - not what we were expecting to like at all, but it just looked perfect on her. Seeing her so excited reminded me of when I was planning my wedding - though she seems to be a lot calmer than me! Roll on August!

I took a little trip Wembley with my family to watched the NFL (American football) a week ago. Despite not feeling my best, I had a really good time, though I must have looked like a zombie on the train home! It was a really good atmosphere and the ending to the game was one of the best I've seen, with an incredible comeback win - unfortunately my dad's team were on the losing side of the scoreline!

I've also gone back to Slimming World this month. I tried losing weight on my own at home, but without the support of my group and my SW leader, I wasn't motivated enough to really get going, Now I feel like I'm back on track and am enjoying eating healthier foods again. My first weigh in is this Thursday, so fingers crossed!

Sorry this month's update isn't very exciting - hopefully I'll be back to full health soon, and I'll have some more interesting things to share with you next month. The good news is, before I got too ill to blog, I took a lot of photos for upcoming posts, so I have a lot of content for you this month - yay!

What have you been up to this October?


4 comments :

  1. I'd love to go to a Lush event, I bet they're great fun!

    Jenn
    Photo-Jenn-ic
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the new Lush Christmas stuff they are just amazing. Really need to get my hands on a Christmas advent calendar just haven't decided which one to go for yet. Hope you feel better soon :D x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete