Tuesday 18 November 2014

Autumn/Winter Yankee Candle Haul


I'm a huge fan of burning candles all year round, but there's nothing like snuggling up under a blanket on a dark evening with a festive candle burning. Yankee Candle's festive fragrances are my all time favourite, especially the spicy ones, so it's around this time of year that I like to stock up (even though I still have a few left from last year!)




First off I popped into Clinton Cards and picked up a few of their small jar candles for £7.99 each - a bit pricey for the size of them but they still last around 30 hours each. Salted Caramel is my all time favourite scent, so I couldn't not pick this one up! It gives off such a strong sweet smell, and reminds me of all the things I shouldn't be eating - like millionnaire's shortbread mmmm!! Cranberry Ice is another one I burned quite often last year, and is my husband's favourite. It's lovely and fruity, but a lot more of a subtle scent if you're not keen on anything too strong. Red Apple Wreath and Wild Fig are newbies to my collection this year, Red Apple Wreath is more of a spicy candle with a hint of fruitiness to it, a proper festive candle. Whenever people rave about their favourite candles on YouTube or blogs, more often than not fig is mentioned in there somewhere, so I thought I'd see what the fuss was about and buy Wild Fig. The scent is beautiful and I think will knock Sweet Strawberry off it's perch as my favourite fruity scent. Again, this gives of a more of a subtle scent if you prefer that. I think I'll be looking for more candles with fig in future.


The rest of the candles I picked up whilst doing my weekly food shop in Asda, and they are from the Simply Home range. If you haven't heard of this before, they offer a few, more homely scents to the original Yankee Candle range but they are much cheaper and still have the same quality to them (why can't all Yankee Candles be this price?!). The two jar candles I bought were just £9 each - £1 more than the smaller jars but with more than double the burn time! Holiday Magic is basically Christmas in a jar - It's so festive and spicy, and has a hint of a mince pie scent to it! I have a small Christmas Eve candle which I'll be burning on, you guessed it, Christmas Eve, but I'll be burning Holiday Magic through the rest of the Christmas build up and Christmas morning too! Christmas Baking has more of a sweet smell to it, so great for those who aren't a fan of spice. It smells just like when your mum bakes Christmas cookies or cakes (hence the name!) and also has a slight fruitiness to it.

The final thing I bought from the Simply Home range was a set of six votive candles, which I think was £6. Inside you get the Holiday Magic scent (mmmm, more Christmas in a jar!), as well as Cherry Vanilla (one I've previously bought and loved), Frosted Spruce, Frosted Snow, Christmas Treats and Frosted Cinnamon. It's a great mix of different fragrances, so there's bound to be something in there for you no matter what your tastes are. If you'd like to buy one of the bigger jars, but have no idea which one to go for, this would be a great set to buy and test them out before making your decision. It would also make a lovely gift for a candle lover, or several if you were to split them up and use as little stocking fillers, Just don't forget you need a holder to burn these in!

Have you tried any of these Yankee Candle scents before? What's your favourite festive candle?

12 comments :

  1. Yankee Candles are the best, I love cranberry ice, I've just finished my large jar! xx

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a really beautiful one, It's one I'd probably end up burning even after Christmas xx

      Delete
  2. Haven't tried any of these Christmas scents... only had the 'Christmas Tree' scent which I loved. REALLY want to give the salted caramel one a sniff though! Great post :) x

    F U Z Z Y P E A C H D R O P S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salted Caramel is amaaaazing - this comment has just made me go and give mine another whiff haha xx

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried any of these - I've sniffed a few in store but it's so hard to decide in case they burn less intense/more intense in scent haha. I loved the smell of the fig though, so thank you for sharing this one - I'll definitely be picking this up! And might make a trip to ASDA to get the larger Christmas jars from there!

    www.ceejayell.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth giving theones from ASDA a go, you get so much more burning time for your money and some of the scents are really similar to some from the original range xx

      Delete
  4. Salted Caramel sounds amazing!!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm it is, I'm almost out so I'll have to go and get another one xx

      Delete
  5. I've been buying too many candles lately! Salted Caramel is one of my favourites and I absolutely love the Toasted Marshmallow scent that's part of the Yankee home range in supermarkets - so good x

    Charlotte / coloursandcarousels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I've not smelt Toasted Marshmallow, will have to seek it out xx

      Delete
  6. I need to give these christmas yankee candles a go! They sound delicious :) x

    Hannah xo | hannatalks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are amazing, especially the spicy scented ones xx

      Delete