Saturday 13 September 2014

My Ultimate Weekend Pamper Products


I love a good pamper evening, especially as the autumn draws in and the evenings start to get a little chillier, there's nothing better than snuggling up in a pair of pjs and treating yourself with some of your favourite things. After the week I've had, I think tomorrow is going to be one of those evenings, so I thought I'd share with you the products I'll be using to give myself a good pamper.


The first thing I do is prep my hair before I have my shower. Once a week I like to use the Charles Worthington Intense Rescue Melting Balm to give my ends that bit of extra moisture. I recently ran out of this and boy you could tell by looking at my hair! But now it's back in my stash I'm back to loving it again. I just massage a small amount of products between my hands until it melts into an oil, run it through the ends of my hair and leave it to do it's magic for around 20 minutes.

Whilst I'm waiting for the mask to do it's job, I'll put a face mask on to help keep my spots at bay. Although my skin is quite dry, it does get prone to the odd small breakout so I do like to prevent this where possible. Origins face masks are my favourite, so I usually go in with their Clear Improvement Mask which I'll only apply to my most blemish prone areas (T-zone & chin), leave to work for 5-10 minutes before washing off with a warm face cloth.

Next up it's time to head into the shower to rinse off the hair oil and have a good old wash, For a real treat on a pamper night I like to use the Aromatherapy Associates Bath & Shower Oils. These smell amazing and really give a sense of luxury to a pamper night. Unfortunately we only have a shower cubicle in our home - I'd love to try these out in a bath as I think it would be even more amazing. I'll usually go in with a body scrub on a pamper night too, just to give a really thorough clean to the skin. I don't have one to show but one of my favourites is the Soap & Glory Breakfast Scrub.

Once I'm out of the shower and I'm nice & dry, I'll apply one of the Laura Mercier Body Souffles that I have (almond coconut milk being my favourite!). These really are reserved for pamper nights only, as they're pretty expensive, but I love the way they feel on the skin and the scents are incredible - I wish I could afford to use them every day!

Once that's done and I'm out of the bathroom, I'll light up a candle, either in the living room or bedroom, and get to work on my nails, I like to do the full works when I'm having a real pamper session and make sure my nails are nicely prepped and shaped before I paint them, One of my favourite nail polishes at the moment is Barry M's Gelly Hi Shine in Almond (sensing an almond theme here?!).

The next step is to just sit down and relax! I make myself a hot chocolate and snuggle up to either read or catch up on my favourite tv programmes, and that's all I will do until it's time to get ready for bed! Just before I go to bed, as it's so dry, I'll treat my skin to some extra moisture after the slight harshness of the purifying mask I used earlier, and I'll apply the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask. I go through this mask a lot as it's perfect for a moisture boost. My skin feels to much softer and hydrated the morning after I use it.

Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? What are your pamper night essentials?


3 comments :

  1. I love the Yankee Candles, my favourite is Salted Caramel! x

    JordanAlice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely one for autumn/winter time, I really enjoyed using that last year xx

      Delete
  2. You should try Perfectly Posh http://iloveposhbyvalerie.po.sh

    ReplyDelete