Saturday 23 August 2014

What's In My Muji Storage


If you read last Sunday's post you'll know that I have a brand new beauty setup and makeup storage in my spare bedroom. I'm storing the majority of my makeup collection in my Ikea Alex drawers, but I have a set of Muji drawers sat on my dressing table to make current everyday makeup picks easily accessible to me. The idea is that I go through my makeup collection every month or so, and have a switch up of what goes in my Muji drawers, so that I'm getting more use out of my stash and not reaching for the same old things all of the time. Now, I filled these drawers with summer in mind, and with the weather we've been having recently in the UK I'd imagine I'll have to think about reshuffling sooner than I'd planned, but I thought I'd show you what's currently in there anyway!






The way I have set up the drawers is that I have my basic products (one's I'm less likely to switch up on a daily basis) in my top drawer, and my more colourful products (lipsticks, eyeshadows, blushes) in my bottom drawer. I currently have two foundations in my drawer - my trusty Rimmel Match Perfection and a recent purchase, L'Oreal True Match Foundation, which I am still currently testing out, but will be doing a full review of very soon. For concealer, I have the usual suspects, Rimmel Wake Me Up and Collection Lasting Perfection - I don't think these are very likely to get switched out any time soon! I have two highlighters to choose from - one powder and one cream. MAC's Soft & Gentle Mineralise Skin Finish is one of my all time favourite highlighters, especially in the summer, as it gives a gorgeous shimmer. Topshop's Glow Highlighter is a recent rediscover from when I recently shopped my stash, which you can read about here. I'd forgotten how much I love this product, so I've decided to put it back in my everyday rotation. My favourite bronzer of the moment is The Body Shop Honey Bronzer. I'm not a huge bronzer lover, and prefer a much more subtle look when I use it, which this one achieve perfectly.
For my basic eye products I have the essential Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion, Rimmel Scandaleye Black Kohl Liner, for days when I fancy rocking a bit of eyeliner, and two mascaras. My favourite is the YSL Babydoll Mascara, as it gives the most amazing length to my lashes. Unfortunately, it's not waterproof, so I also have Maybelline The Rocket Waterproof Mascara in my stash just in case the hot weather ever comes back, or I just fancy a more subtle look.


My current choice for everyday eyeshadow is my Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, but I also have my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On & On Bronze tucked away in there in case I'm feeling lazy and want just a one-sweep eye product. For blusher, I've again gone for one powder and one cream option. Benefit's Rockateur is a gorgeous rose gold powder blush with quite a bit of shimmer to it, so it's great to highlight too. The Revlon Photoready Cream Blush in Pinched is more of a peachy option, which I've really been loving recently, as it gives a more subtle colour to the cheeks as if they've just been...well...pinched! As you can see, I've got quite a few lip options in here - this is the part I always find really hard to narrow down as I have a lip product obsession! There's still a little space in this drawer, so I'm actually tempted to add a couple more into the mix! For now I have my Revlon Matte Balm in Elusive, Topshop's Ohh La La, MAC's Kelly Yum Yum, Chatterbox & Crosswires (can you tell I love MAC lipsticks?!) and Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Nude-ist. At the moment, Elusive seems to be my most reached for daytime lipstick and Kelly Yum Yum is my go-to for a night out.

Do you have any of the products in my Muji storage? What's currently in your everyday makeup stash?


8 comments :

  1. I die for that lilac MAC packaging, gorgeous. I'd love some MUJI drawers. x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty, I wanted another one but Kelly Yum Yum was the only one that I liked left in stock :( xx

      Delete
  2. I would love to buy some Muji drawers but they are quite expensive and all my makeup fits in my Alex Drawers at the moment. I love your new makeup/beauty set up!

    Anothergirlyblg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think they were too badly priced, but I guess it depends on everyone's budget. Thank you hun :) xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some amazing products, i love the muji drawers! :)
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh i love your selection of products in your drawers! I really want some muji storage xx

    Gemma | missmakeupmagpie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't wait to get my autumn selection in there though! xx

      Delete