Sunday 27 July 2014

You Can Only Pick One - Beauty Tag


My house is currently resembling a rubbish tip at the moment, as we are having a huge clear out to make room for a dressing table and new makeup storage (eek!). Due to lack to blogging time, and space, that I have this weekend, I thought I'd share with you a tag post that I started writing a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get round to finishing. This tag was made by the lovely Rebecca at Autumn Leaves. If you don't follow her already, go and check her out - she's one of my favourite bloggers! I think this has to be one of the most challenging tag posts out there for a beauty addict to do - I found it so difficult to narrow down my collection to just one thing per category.


Low End Brand: Rimmel - This was a tough one, as drugstore brands have really been upping their game recently, but Rimmel is the one that I've stuck with for the longest. I really love their foundations and the Moisture Renew lipstick range. Special mention does have to go to both Bourjois & Revlon though, as a lot of their new releases recently have been great.

High End Brand: MAC - This one was a lot easier - I have a MAC obsession! I could literally spend hours at a MAC counter - the selection of colour is amazing. I especially love their lipsticks and the Mineralise Skin Finishes.

Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion - I don't wear primer all that often on my face, but I find it a must for my eyes. Urban Decays primer is the best I've found for keeping your eyeshadow in place without creasing.

Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow - I love the finish it gives on the skin - it gives the right amount of glow without looking too shiny. I also love that it doesn't have SPF in it, so it's great for evenings out when you're likely to have your photo taken. The only problem is it's a little expensive, so I use this sparingly!

Concealer: Collection Lasting Perfection - I bet this is getting a little old now isn't it?! Every blogger and their dog has raved about this bargain product, but I love it and rarely use anything else to conceal my blemishes, so this was the obvious choice for me.

Bronzer: The Body Shop Honey Bronzer - This is the perfect bronzer for those with pale skin, as it leaves just a subtle hint of colour to the skin. I've worn this non stop this summer.

Blush: Benefit Rockateur - I love that this has a shimmer to it as well, so it can double up as a highlighter too. I would describe it as a pale rose gold, it's really pretty and subtle.

Powder: Rimmel Stay Matte - Again, this isn't something I wear very often, as my skin isn't very oily, so I only tend to need it when it's quite hot, but this is always my go to powder whenever I need it.

Setting Spray: MAC Fix+ - This is the one I've found to keep my makeup in place for longest. It's also really refreshing for the skin when you spray it.

Eyebrow Product: Benefit Gimme Brow - I love that this is a handy little all in one product, so there's no extra steps to follow - just swipe through your brows and your done, it's already set in place.

Eyeshadow Palette: Too Face Natural Eyes Palette - This is a relatively new addition to my makeup collection but I love it already. I'm a big fan of the neutral eye, and this has everything you need in a handy size palette. The formulas are also so buttery soft.

Eyeliner: Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner - I'm not a great fan of liquid or gel liner, I just prefer to run one of these pencils along my waterline most days. I think these are just as good as the Urban Decay liners, but at a fraction of the price.

Mascara: YSL Babydoll Mascara - Oh I wish this wasn't so expensive! This mascara seperates the lashes beautifully and gives the most amazing length. Unfortunately the hefty price tag means I can't always repurchase this.

Lipstick: MAC Chatterbox - This was my first ever MAC purchase. It gives a nice pop of pink to my lips without being too in-your-face bright, so I'd be comfortable to wear it with an everyday look. It's from the amplified crème range, so it's also very comfortable to wear.

Nail Polish: Barry M Gelly Hi Shine in Blueberry - Not really an all year round kind of colour, it's definitely more suited to the spring/summer months, but it's such a pretty blue, and very similar to the colour of the bridesmaids dresses at my wedding (in fact, this is what my two adult bridesmaids wore on their toes!). The Gelly Hi Shine polishes are a great formula and the shade range is really good - I have quite a few in my collection.

Beauty Tool: Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - This blends my foundation into my skin so nicely and it's the only brush I'll use to apply foundation/tinted moisturiser. In fact, I should really pick up a back up!

Have you done this tag? If you have, please leave your links below - I've found it really interesting reading everyone's answers!

1 comment :

  1. I've not seen this tag before but this was a post I really enjoyed reading :) xx

    ReplyDelete