Thursday 24 July 2014

Nuxe Reve de Miel Lip Balm


Now this is one product which had certainly received a lot of blogger hype over the years. I remember reading a lot of my favourite bloggers raving about this at one point or another, so it's been on my wishlist for a very long time thanks to them! I suffer from dry lips throughout the year, no matter what season we are in and, whilst my Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream was doing a good job, I found it to be quite gloopy after a while and I was still having to reapply some sort of lip balm quite often throughout the day. I finally gave into the hype a few weeks ago, and picked up a pot of Nuxe Reve de Miel from Space NK. Now I'm just gutted I didn't buy it sooner!



The scent of this lip balm is lovely, but not overpowering. It's a mix between a honey and a citrus scent and smells very similar to a Lush product I used to use (it's been a while, but I think it was Happy Hippy shower gel!). The texture is quite thick, so I tend to just apply a generous layer before bed, and sometimes a thinner layer first thing in the morning if I feel like I need it.

Once you've rubbed it in, it doesn't feel too heavy on the lips, but you can definitely feel it there for a long time, as opposed to other products which feel like they've disappeared after 10 minutes! The finish is matte, so it doesn't feel gloopy or sticky, and makes it ideal to put under a lipstick in the mornings.


The change this has made to my lips in just a few weeks of wearing it has been incredible. I never used to wake up with moisturised lips, and would have to slather on layers of lip balm before I went anywhere. But now my lips are soft and smooth in the mornings and I barely ever reapply balm throughout the day. I really cannot believe it's made such a difference already - I'm even feeling confident enough to try out my first MAC matte lipstick without worrying that my lips will become super dehydrated!

I'll be reserving judgement on whether this lip balm is worthy of holy grail status until it's been given a full winters testing, as this is of course when my lips get into their worst state, but I am really enjoying using this at the moment and won't even consider using anything else to hydrate my lips. It's a little pricy for a lip balm, at £9.50, but with 15g of product, I think this little pot of joy will be lasting me a very long time, so it's definitely worth it's slightly heftier price tag.

Have you tried the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm? What's your favourite lip treatment?

2 comments :

  1. I've always wanted to try this but for some reason thought it was a lot more expensive than it actually is. This is such a good review, I might have to pop out and buy some for myself.

    S xo.

    blinkeredbarbielife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, definitely give it a go xx

      Delete